COVID-19 UPDATE | September 2020
As many of you know, FCI was closed for a day and thoroughly sanitized at the end of July due to one of our valued team members testing positive for COVID-19. We are happy to report that our team member recovered and has tested negative, and none of our other staff members, patients or family members ever developed symptoms. Thank you all for working with us to keep everyone safe!
For more information on our ongoing health and safety protocols, see the message below or give us a call. Thank you!
We will continue to maintain strict health and safety protocols for our in-person clients, including masks for everyone. And of course, you may request virtual services at any time. We appreciate your understanding as we strive to provide the safest possible environment for our clients and staff. For more information on how we are working to protect you, see our re-opening message below, or contact our office.
A Message from Dr. Simms & Your FCI Team | May 28, 2020
As always, your children’s and family’s health and safety is our top priority at Florida Children’s Institute. As we navigate the “new normal” of operating in the pandemic, we will be contacting each family directly to update you on our plan for ensuring your family continues to receive the support you need during this time.
Here’s the overall plan:
• First, we are moving to a hybrid in-person/telehealth model to provide safe services for our clients and limit contact while still ensuring that ALL clients can receive the care they need. Clients will be offered an in-person therapy option, ALL parent meetings will remain via telehealth or phone, and any client whose parents wish for them to remain receiving services via telehealth may do so. No one will be allowed in the waiting rooms. Clients will contact the staff when they arrive and we will meet each client at the car and walk them directly to their assigned therapy space.
• Second, we are closely monitoring the CDC and government recommendations, and will continue to strictly follow all health and safety guidelines.
• Specifically, while we always have professional cleaning services, we have increased our cleaning frequency. We will be sanitizing all toys, work spaces, and common spaces, etc. in between EVERY client. Our staff will wear surgical masks at ALL times and we will have masks available for clients to wear. Only one client and their therapist will be in a room. We have increased our office space to accommodate this shift. Hand sanitizer will be available at all times. Staff will wear gloves when providing any kind of snack or drink during session.
• If you or anyone in your family has any unexplained symptoms, or has come in contact with someone who is ill, please do not come to the clinic in person. Contact us and we will discuss appropriate arrangements. Thank you!
• If you, or anyone you know, needs ANY additional mental health or parenting support during this time, please know that we are available and happy to accommodate the additional needs this time may create.
• Our main point of contact will continue to be through email@example.com. As always, we are going to do everything we can to be available to you to meet your mental health needs throughout this difficult time.
We love our clients and wish you all good health!
Dr. Simms & Your FCI Team